clamp n : a device (used by carpenters) that holds things firmly together
1 fasten or fix with a clamp; "clamp the chair together until the glue has hardened"
2 impose or inflict forcefully; "The military government clamped a curfew onto the capital"
- Rhymes: -æmp
to fasten in place or together
- Chinese: ：固定
- Finnish: puristaa (yhteen)
to hold or grip
- Finnish: puristaa
Clamp may refer to:
- Clamp (tool), a device used to hold an object in a fixed position.
- Storage clamp, an agricultural root crop storage.
- Clamp meter, a device for measuring electric current.
- Riser clamp, a device used to support vertical piping
- Clamp (manga artists), a team of four female mangaka.
- Shirley Clamp, a Swedish pop singer
- Sliding clamp, a protein involved in DNA-replication.
- Wheel clamp, a device used with road vehicles to either help prevent theft or enforce parking restrictions.
- clampf or clampi, color
- Clamp is a character in the television show Galaktik Football.
- Clamps is a member of the Robot Mafia in Futurama.
clamp in Japanese: クランプ
affix, alum, anchor, annex, astringent, attach, bear hug, belay, bite, brace, bracket, cement, cinch, clasp, clench, clinch, cling, clinging, clip, clutch, compress, compressor, constrictor, contractor, cramp, crush, death grip, embrace, engraft, ensphere, fasten, fastener, firm hold, fix, foothold, footing, graft, grapple, grasp, grip, gripe, hold, hug, iron grip, knit, make fast, moor, nip, pincer, pinch, press, purchase, put to, screw up, secure, seizure, set, set to, squeeze, styptic, styptic pencil, tenure, tight grip, tighten, toehold, trice up, trim, tweak, vice, vise, wad up